Wysc Services, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LICENSE AGREEMENT
Client: Wysc Services
Primary Contact: email@example.com
Holder of Rights: NAME
Signed, effective DATE
This contract is an offer by Client to Holder of Rights made on DATE for Holder of Rights to provide creative Work as requested by Client.
- Intellectual Property
- Client requests Holder of Rights to provide a license permitting Client access, use, and public distribution rights to Intellectual Property.
- Intellectual Property includes INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- There shall be no payments made by either party for any reason with respect to Intellectual Property.
- Grant of Rights
- Holder of Rights agrees to grant Client a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferrable, perpetual license to display, transmit, modify, and resell Intellectual Property, worldwide, EXCLUDING the right to authorship credit, which is retained by Holder of Rights.
- Authorship Credit
- Any persons directly involved with Holder of Rights and Client may use Intellectual Property in personal portfolios (including, but not limited to, any website that displays Intellectual Property). Client does not have to display Holder of Right’s name together with Intellectual Property, unless being described with any editorial usage, but Client may not seek to mislead others that Intellectual Property was created by anyone other than Holder of Rights.
- Both parties shall hold the right to cancel this contract upon request 180 days in advance of cancellation date.
- Upon a cancellation of contract, Client shall remove all instances of Intellectual Property from current operations within 180 days after the cancellation date.
- Client may continue to store instances of Intellectual Property generated during the contract period for archival purposes. Any further attempt by Client to display, transmit, modify, and resell Intellectual Property, with the exception of Section 4 and archival purposes, shall constitute as misuse of Intellectual Property.
- Limitation of Liability
- Client agrees that Holder of Rights will not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages that arise from Client’s use of Intellectual Property, regardless of whether the damages were intentional or negligent.
- Dispute Settled by Negotiation, and Governing Law
- Any dispute under or about this Agreement must be resolved by negotiation.
- Parties will bear their own costs.
- This Agreement will be governed by the laws of California, in the country of the United States of America.
- General Provisions
- Entire Agreement
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties, and supersedes all prior agreements, representations and understandings of the parties, written or oral.
- Provisions under Sections 4 and 5 shall survive the termination of this Agreement indefinitely.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provisions of this Agreement shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- Acceptance of Terms
- The action of the sending and receipt of this agreement via electronic method will hold both parties in acceptance of these terms.
- Client as sender and Holder of Rights as recipient will acknowledge acceptance of these terms either through an e-mail or a Discord message noting acceptance.
- Electronic signatures consisting of the user’s Discord User ID shall be considered legal and binding.
Client: Wysc, on DATE
Date of Signature: DATE
Holder of Rights Signature: https://example.com
This Agreement was adapted from Cordaun O. Dudley and Kingsley Martin.